Monday, December 15, 2008

Measure Down

I tried to calculate the density of the air between us
But I couldn’t get the conversions balanced
I figured that would happen.
What’s the matter? Nothing. It always has been
But there can be something from nothing, if you have enough energy;
I’m not sure I do.
Molecules of love smatter into atoms of trust.
Nuclear fusion within such a frail organ, A melt down is inevitable, the radio activity unstable
In a furnace hoping to create a reflection of purpose, of worth.
A polarized pair, one of us constantly pointing north; can’t say which one, the
Data is inconclusive.
But even as we continue to test the hypothesis, entropic gravity pulls us to the
Earth and spreads us thin
Becoming an alkaline crust over the soil.
Over spending, energy seeps out, our heat displaced.
No one notices the frightening expulsion.
We are very warm to the touch still,
Continuing exothermically unnoticed…………..toward absolute zero.

2 comments:

  1. You know what I felt like? I felt like you should be a free-style rapper, when I read this. Infuse some vocabulary and soul into the genre...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah you can have a rapper name!! like ROBYN CHRIZZLE!! mine is hayleezy!! rap it up robyn chrizzle

    ReplyDelete