Monday, January 5, 2009

Are you afraid of the Dark?

What are you afraid of? I've been thinking about fear lately. I'm having trouble thinking of a good use for fear. I find fear to be highly limiting and even paralyzing. How awful to be hindered by one's own fear. It keeps us from achieving our full potential. A lot of psychological disorders are rooted in fear. And I'm not just talking phobias. Obsessive/Compulsive disorder, anxiety disorder, even depression are marked by debilitating fear. I recently had an interaction with someone that left me thinking, "What are you so afraid of?!" It made wonder to myself, "What am I so afraid of?" Am I afraid of looking stupid? Am I afraid of rejection? Probably. Who isn't. I guess I just need to make sure that these fears aren't holding me back from the things I want.

2 comments: